Thursday, October 04, 2012

on the road to recovery

Tomorrow it will be a week since my hysterectomy. I am pleased to report that I'm doing well and mostly off of pain medications. My job now is to make sure that I don't try to over do it as I've been told & have read that you only get the chance to heal properly once. That is my goal.

We are still awaiting lab results to make sure that nothing else needs to be done, but based on what my doctor has said to me, I am not anticipating any bad news.

My parents were here to take care of me for the first few days. My daughter has been home to help when I need it. Luckily, I have such great support! I don't know how people do this who are on their own.

5 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Wishing you continued and comfortable healing.

Mizz C said...

Bon guérison, Ms_Teacher. It means "good healing" in French.

Take care of your precious self--tea and toast, preferably delivered to where you are lying back with a book or gazing out the window. I know, I know--thoughts of your school peeps must be on your mind. Hope your kiddies are still young enough to send you homemade "Get Well" cards.

Pat Hensley said...

I'm so glad all went well! Enjoy your time off and don't forget to give your body time to heal!

Margaret said...

Great news to hear! Take it easy and don't overdo, even when you start to feel better. Although I haven't had the surgery, I've had many friends who have!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope your recovery is speedy and full.