Friday, August 03, 2007

The Downside of "Dieting"


As you probably noticed, I have been displaying a weight tracker at the top of this blog as I'm trying to lose a bit weight before school starts. For me it's more about getting into shape than trying to get down to a specific size, so the emphasis of my weight loss has been about trying to get to the gym to do the elliptical/tread mill and weight training. It is what worked for me almost seven years ago when I lost 25 lbs (most of which I've been able to keep off).

However, I also know that when you endeavor to get back into shape, you do need to watch what you put into your mouth, so I've been somewhat following a low-fat weight loss plan. This has meant that I haven't been eating anything that is too rich or heavy, until last night.

Yesterday was my 21st wedding anniversary. The husband and I went out to a very nice restaurant and I had a shrimp scampi. This shrimp scampi was different than any other scampi I have had the good fortune of eating. The sauce was vanilla saffron and was very, very rich. I didn't eat all of it because I simply couldn't, but today I'm paying the price. Of course, the fact we also had coconut tempura prawns in a mango sauce as an appetizer, shared their paradise salad (mixed baby greens with sliced apples, mandarin oranges, candied pears, glazed walnuts, bleu cheese, with a to die for vinaigrette dressing) and ended it with a creme brulee probably didn't help.

Yes, I'm going to the gym today. Then, when I get home I'll have my leftovers :)

3 comments:

Mrs. N said...

21 years?! Congratulations!

Miss Profe said...

But, it was your anniversary!

Congratulations!!!

brown said...

Nice blog.Congratulations on your anniversary. I am also thinking of loosing some weight and have recently visited this site on dieting.