I have been tagged by Repairman to do this 8 Things Meme.
1. I love playing the Sims 2 and I have all of the expansion packs.
2. My husband and I rarely fight. We do have disagreements, but I can never recall having a fight with him where yelling and/or screaming was part of it. Typically, if I get upset with him I usually leave the room and then come back later when I'm ready to talk.
3. I'm getting a new tattoo next Saturday. I'm very excited - this will be my sixth.
4. When I was 22, I became a new homeowner with my husband. We lived in that home for eleven years and its the home where we brought home our three babies. We have been in our second (and current home) for almost 8 years.
5. I hate moving. That is in large part because I was a Navy brat and did enough moving around when I was younger to last a life time. I think that's also part of the reason why I have resented my most current move out of my classroom.
6. I am currently serving on my union's bargaining team as our contract expires at the end of the upcoming school year. I felt that this was a very good way for me to learn everything there is to know about our contract.
7. I have had two incidences in which an African American parent has requested that their child be removed off of my team and placed with another team in which there was an African American teacher. Both incidences were hurtful.
8. I only have ten more pounds to lose. I'm going the slow and steady route, incorporating a lot of cardio and weight training. It always amuses me to see the reactions of the guys at my gym when they see me lifting free weights. Too many seem to think that women should only use the weight machines. My preference is and always has been to use free weights.
If you want to play, let me know in the comments so that I can read your meme.