Wednesday, September 06, 2006

No, I'm not goofy!


Thanks for asking. Seriously, I read about a week ago that Ms. George is going back to school to earn her Master's degree. At the time, I commented that it's something I wanted to do, but that I was putting it on the back burner for the time being.

Do you see where this is going? I'm enrolling in a program that starts two weeks from tomorrow. This program is allowing me to use the units I earned while taking my courses to become a teacher, roll them over into their Master's program, meaning I only have to take an additional 12 units to get my Master's in Education. I can either do it in one year or two, but I'm going to bite the bullet and do it in a year.

Yes, I'm nuts, but really it's for all the right reasons. Seriously!

4 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

While you're biting the bullet, I trust you'll also be cracking the books and burning some midnight oil.

Seriously, good luck!

Anathema Device said...

You are nuts.

And I'm jealous!!! Go, you! :D It's going to be crazy, but it's going to be so nice to have when it's finished.

Good luck!

Ms. George said...

Yeah for you! Be prepared to be tired. When I was finishing my first MA I was working full time but not teaching. It is harder with teaching but so far, it is worth it. Good luck!

Jenny said...

I'm a MAT student right now and I've been reading through several of your blog entries. I wanted to say I admire you for going back and getting your master's. How are things going for becoming national board certified? I really like that you are an advocate for continual professional development for teachers. I think it's important for teachers to be proactive in furthering their own education and honing their teaching skills by attending seminars or taking classes.